Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Drake Reveals Upcoming 2 Chainz & Meek Mill Collabos, Talks Direction of Third LP

Drake took the time on Tuesday for a conference call preceeding his 'Club Paradise' U.S. tour which begins on May 7. During the conversation, Drake let listeners know to expect him on songs with both 2 Chainz and Meek Mill in the coming days. Both artists will be openers on the summer trek along with J. Cole and French Montana. Not only has October's Very Own built great relationships with Tity Boi and Meek, but he wants to ensure that he's recorded with all five artists joining him. Expect Drizzy to appear on 2 Chainz' new single 'No Lie' due May 1.

'I have very strong alliances with these guys that are on this tour with me,' Drake said during a conference call Tuesday (April 24). 'I guess it's safe to say now that anybody that I didn't have a song with before, I have a song with now. I made sure of that.'

'Along with this tour, fans are also going to get some exciting musical material that will probably end up dropping a few days before the tour, so that we can perform it on tour,' Drizzy said.

via MTV News

During the same conference call, Drake speaks on the theme of his third solo album which you can read below'.

'I think my mood will be reflected in the tempos I choose for the music. A lot of 'Take Care,' it's down' and I think a lot of it had to do with being back in Toronto, getting reacquainted with the life I had before (fame) and difficulties with that, and at the same time trying to express excitement, express joy'

'Now I'm in a very, very, very, very different place than I've ever been, really focused on myself, really focused on my health, my body, my mind, really wanting to be the best I can possibly be'I'm in a different mindset now that I'm very proud of' It's going to be a very interesting album ' probably, to be honest with you, conceptually one of the most exciting projects I've worked on, just 'cause there's so many new things going on in my life.'

Drake continued the conversation speaking on the concept of his third LP, which will have a different mood versus Take Care. Relocating from Toronto to Los Angeles will be a major difference in the new material he's already began recording for his new project. (Props to Billboard)

Previously:
Drake Announces 'Club Paradise' Spring Tour with J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, 2 Chainz, French Montana, & Meek Mill
Drake Feat. Rihanna ' 'Take Care' (Video)
Drake Feat. Lil' Wayne ' 'HYFR (Hell Ya' Fuckin' Right)' (Video)

One Response to 'Drake Reveals Upcoming 2 Chainz & Meek Mill Collabos, Talks Direction of Third LP'

  1. big ta Says:

    Drake moving to L.a..is an acting move'prepping for roles soon, I'm sure' he will be like scrooge mcduck swimming in $$$$'

    Reply

Leave a Reply



0 comments:

Post a Comment