Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Bidding War Is Over: Chief Keef Signs with Interscope Records

Chief Keef has finally found a home. After being recruited by labels such as Cash Money Records, Grand Hustle, and more recently, Young Jeezy's CTE imprint, the Chicago upstart has decided to sign with Jimmy Iovine and Interscope Records. Minutes before hitting the stage Saturday night as a guest of T.I.'s at Atlanta's Hot 107.9 Birthday Bash, he spoke with MTV's Rob Markman on his new label situation and signing a publishing deal with Dr. Dre.

''I've been talkin' to a lot of labels, but I just noticed that Interscope got people like 50, Eminem. They was talkin' good to me, they was talkin' like I was talkin' and I liked that. All these other labels, I was talkin' to 'em, but it's time anyway for me and I'm goin' with Interscope.'

via MTV

UPDATE: FakeShoreDrive have revealed more details about Chief Keef's deal which includes a multi-movie film deal through Interscope's motion picture division, his own label deal for his GBE imprint, and own line of Beats By Dre headphones, 'Beats By Keef.'

Previously:
Drake & Waka Flocka Flame Bring Out Chief Keef in Chicago (Video)
Chief Keef Feat. Young Jeezy ' 'Understand Me'
Kanye West Remixes Chief Keef's 'I Dont Like' With Pusha T, Jadakiss and Big Sean

10 Responses to 'The Bidding War Is Over: Chief Keef Signs with Interscope Records'

  1. DubsnLs Says:

    really surprised by this move. T.I./Grand Hustle seemed like a logical fit. I'm hoping he doesn't get lost in the shuffle at Interscope. working with Dre is gonna blow him for real '

    Reply

    Banko0o0o Reply:

    Dre dont work no more so that shit aint gone work' Interscope just gone put him on the shelf!!!

    He should have went to Def Jam or Ross'.

    Reply

  2. rampart Says:

    I'm surprised that a credible label went after this kid.

    other than 'don't like' he's trash.
    even 3hunna is wack.

    Reply

    MissesMe2 Reply:

    I don't mean to sound rude, but jit is straight GARBAGE'
    Interscope? Da-Fuq? They have been messing up w/ me since they told that rapper chick Iggy Azalea that she's the new Tupac just to gas her & sign her & she STILL turned them down. I really don't understand these labels mane.

    Now I can see Cash Money signing him' they signing EVERYBODY' my great auntie just signed to them 5 minutes a go'.

    Reply

  3. SmokinAces Says:

    He could have just a told it like it is. Interscope was offering the most paper.

    Reply

    trayday Reply:

    He gonna git sum money out tho. But his album won't drop. Look at that YC (racks on racks) dude. Nothing. and future wrote that record. Shoulda singed wit YMCMB. He'd at least stay on payroll for a sec.

    Reply

  4. Malik Says:

    He is aware that Interscope doesn't release albums from rappers unless their name is Eminem?

    Reply

  5. Tiiz Says:

    He needs to sign with an accredited high school.

    Reply

  6. but. um Says:

    who dude? he hot?

    Reply

  7. Rhyme & Reason Says:

    Is this kid really hot??
    Or are these labels goin after these young artist based on the new demigraghics
    'young rapper/young fan base/youth movement' which seems to be whats 'in' nowadays?

    That industry BULLSHIT 'THAT'S THAT SHIT I DONT LIKE!!'

    Reply

Leave a Reply



0 comments:

Post a Comment