Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kreayshawn's 'Go Hard (La La La)' Video: Soul-Crushing or Sorta Fun?

kreayshawn-go-hard-video

I'm still waiting for the mindblowing Kreayshawn song that Pharrell told me about, the song that he begrudgingly admitted to me was pretty damn good. A conclusion that shattered his entire perspective on reality and disrupted the universe's time-space continuum.

This song, 'Go Hard (La La La)' doesn't seem to be it. But at the same time, I confessed to Mikey Fresh and Mr. North today that I don't think it's the most horrible thing I've ever heard/watched either. In fact, I think the beat by German electronic producer Boyz Noize is decent and catchy.
As for the video, the colorful pop-art effects by Syndrome (and Kreay, herself') are packed with blatant Kaws and SoMe rip-offs, Roy Lichtenstein cues, and Mishka eyeball prints'.
but Kreay and her band of she-ferrets actually look cute. Dare I say'feminine?

Perhaps I bumped my head. But I don't hate it'as much as I do this new Owl City x Carly Rae Jepson video that I just watched on Jezebel. Why did I do that to myself?

Watch Kreayshawn's 'Go Hard (La La La)'
And tell me, art reference gets ripped off the most in the video?
after the jump

At the very least'admit how much better this is than this'or this!

Do you notice any of these 'references' in the Kreayshawn x Syndrome video?:
-KAWS:
a sample of his latest exhibit at Galerie Perrotin (Hong Kong). (via Arrested Motion)
-Roy Lichtenstein: amazing pop-art icon who subverted classic comic-book graphics on huge canvases. ('Ohh'Alright', 1967)
-SoMe: award-winning graphic artist and video director, part of France's Ed Banger crew. Did Justice's 'D.A.N.C.E' and Kid Cudi's 'Day 'n' Night' videos. (That Cudi video is still one of my favorite of all time.)
-Mishka: streetwear crew, uses lots of those classic punk bloodshot eyeball icons on their gear. Pretty sure Kreay owns a pair of these and said, let's make a video out of my pants!

Related:
New Mixtape: Azealia Banks 'Fantasea'
Azealia Banks Dazzles at the Mermaid Ball in Hollywood
Riff Raff's Official 'Welcome to Mad Decent' Jewelry #Exclusive
New Video: Kreayshawn Feat. 2 Chainz 'Breakfast'
New Video: 2 Chainz feat. Kreayshawn 'Murder'

14 Responses to 'Kreayshawn's 'Go Hard (La La La)' Video: Soul-Crushing or Sorta Fun?'

  1. Nightfall Says:

    I dont take Kreayshawn serious as an artist, rapper or what no matter who cosigns her'.Mr FAB really?

    Can I honestly ask why Persia who's currently up for the Underground Music Awards 'Female Artist of the Year' does not even seem to be on the radar of the digital tastemakers, bloggers, etc?

    I hoped just off the former connection to EgoTrip via the White Rapper show she'd get some notice in the midst of the Kreay/Iggy/Azealia wave that's currently in.

    Oh well, This 80's looking vid is different'..and bad. I could see it getting heavy play in the Cindy Luoper 'I Want My MTV' days'.

    Reply

    Miss Info Reply:

    um'..Cindy Lauper is a god!

    Reply

    J. Reed Reply:

    That's usually my same response when people wonder how a heterosexual black dude from the westside of Chicago could possibly enjoy 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' so much.

    Reply

  2. Um... Says:

    I don't get it'how come no one hates on MMG repeatedly filming videos in parking lots and abandoned warehouses tho' hahaha

    Reply

    Um... Reply:

    From what was said in the post you could say she's also ripping off Jeff Koons, Buff Monster(whose work resembles the 'dead eyed X_X' cartoon characters throughout more so than KAWS, Speed Buggy(Old School Cartoon), the hearts and imaginations of young girls everywhere haha(the cupcakes and bright colors), and maybe she used the Mishka trademark eye mats instead of just straight ripping them off and a bevy of other things she may just genuinely like and decided to incorporate in her video' but alas I understand you had a job to do and an entry to fill haha

    Reply

    Miss Info Reply:

    hahaha'i was just riffing, but I love that you are even more schooled on art references than me. I'm the first to admit I wish I knew more. I'm going to check out Buff Monster. And who do you think gets credit for the original bloodshot eye iconography? I don't know that I really see too much Koons in there but you're probably right. I thought The Love Bug car, but I don't know Speed Buggy.

    thank you so much for the insight!

    Reply

    Miss Info Reply:

    honestly, I don't even think those redundant rap vids get enough of a reaction out of me to discuss. I prefer something that I either hate or love than just'meh.

    Reply

    Um... Reply:

    haha true true I feel you. Speed Buggy was that old Hannah Barbara cartoon with the dune buggy that looked like an alternate Scooby Doo universe, and I just got Koons from the bubbly, weird, furry bits haha

    Reply

    Miss Info Reply:

    do you post about art on your tumblr etc? I want to include more of that here'in my off-time, I love exploring art/design.

    Um... Reply:

    I used to, started focusing more on putting my photography out there, but it is something I've considered getting back into'shameless plug haha but I recently posted some images from an upcoming Styles P and Saigon shoot I was at'but I dunno if I'm supposed to put that out there just yet haha

  3. Diontre Says:

    Why?!?!?!?! How does Kreayshawn keep getting these chances??? I can understand bringing something to hip hop we haven't seen before (white girls rapping), but the golden rule should be held to everybody. Iggy can actually spit, Kreayshawn not so much

    Reply

  4. Jason Says:

    at times she looks bored in her own video

    Reply

  5. nar Says:

    Why do you slant everything you write about kreyshawn in such a negative manner, miss info? I'm just curious. I'm not passing moral judgement, simply perplexed as to why you always write about her begrudgingly? It's not like you guys are over here promoting El-p or Killer Mike's latest classics.

    Reply

  6. Domogotsole Says:

    Kreayshawn looks so uncomfortable in those heels. Her sister looks uncomfortable in the entire video. Hate to say it but Kreay resembled Amy Winehouse in this vid with the more feminine getup and tatoos. Like the art references though.

    Reply

Leave a Reply



0 comments:

Post a Comment