Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Other Side of Orlando: Forget Disney, Hardcore Dancehall Parties (NSFW Video)

This summer I spent a few weekends in Florida, getting in touch with new talent and checking out the local scene. Recently, I went down to Orlando and discovered there was a lot more going on than Disney and Universal. There's a really wild nightlife and hip-hop scene. I seriously kid you not, the O has some real ratchet clubs that go off on a nightly basis. South Beach isn't the only place that gets it popping down there. I hit up the club Limelight, which was right downtown, and stumbled into one of the craziest dancehall parties of my life. I know this is pretty normal in the culture, but who knew Disney's home also that this whole other flavor to it.

At the :54 mark, one dude climbs up on top of the speaker for the grand finale air hump. My favorite part of the video.

Orlando also has some rising hip-hop talent. I recently had the chance to meet one of them. After the jump, get aquiainted with a 19-year old MC by the name of Caskey. You'll be hearing a lot more from him very soon'


Caskey 'The Killer Intro'


Caskey 'Letter To My Father'


Caskey ft. Kyle DenMead 'Keep It On The Low'

Leave a Reply



0 comments:

Post a Comment